Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Poem for Emily


The following is an homage I wrote in honor of my favorite poem, Emily Dickinson's "I Dwell in Possibility."
I wrote it three years ago, and have been editing and coming back to it ever since. I hate writing poetry, because everyone I know loves to write poetry but hates to read it, so I often find it pointless. But we can make exceptions, right?

Where to Begin

Where to begin--
When divulging ones soul--
Seeking to create merely a Spark
In a world fueled by Fire--

Noted or not
Our Leaves sway in time--
We dance about the Day
As Roots curl from Creation--

Mundane habits
Sprung from such starts
The white of the Page
My Sprout--

Where do we dwell-- 
Nowhere but possibilities,
Dancing by the Fire
Swaying with the Trees



No comments:

Post a Comment